Oracle is looking for experienced SW Developers, who are interested in using the latest technologies to develop cutting-edge solutions. If you are interested, please send your CV to marek.potociar at oracle.com.
Oracle WebLogic Server is the industry’s best application server for building and deploying enterprise Java EE applications with support for new features for lowering cost of operations, improving performance, enhancing scalability and supporting the Oracle Applications portfolio. GlassFish Server is the best free open-source community-supported and full-featured Java EE application server in the industry today supporting the bleeding-edge Java EE standards.
After successfully passing through the hiring process, you will be joining a dynamic WebLogic development organization that provides opportunities to work in a number of technology areas and closely cooperates with other world-wide middleware development groups at Oracle. As part of the team, you will be working with as well as developing cutting-edge Java technologies that shape the future of enterprise IT industry.
You will be primarily responsible for designing, developing, testing and troubleshooting new features of WebLogic and GlassFish Application Server components and modules, including the related open-source projects such as HK2, Jersey or Tyrus.
Other responsibilities include interaction with customers and Oracle customer support teams through emails, conference calls and occasional on-site customer visits as well as participation in the open source community and evangelization of WebLogic, GlassFish and JavaEE through forums and blogs as well as by presenting the results of your work at recognized industry conferences (such as Oracle OpenWorld, JavaOne, Devoxx or JFocus).
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate motivation and enthusiasm for working with latest technologies in a dynamic and international team closely cooperating with other Oracle teams distributed across the World.
Qualifications / experience
Although not definitive, the successful candidate will typically posses the following qualities and skills:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Ability to solve complex problems, providing hands-on resolution of technical issues
- Strong programming skills (preferably in Java)
An ideal candidate would also demonstrate:
- Fluency and expertise in Java
- Familiarity with software design patterns
- Knowledge of Java EE and Web technologies and standards
- Experience with the UNIX-like environment (Solaris, Linux, etc.), shell scripting
- Experience with Agile development practices (SCRUM)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluent communication in English (both written and spoken)
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Results oriented; ability to manage multiple tasks with different priorities is expected
- Critical thinking and decision making skills
- Self driven and self motivated
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- The ability to influence with well developed persuasive arguments
- An opportunity to work in a dynamic international team
- Work with the latest technologies and products
- Competitive salary and opportunity for future career growth
- Interesting benefit package including heath care, paid sick leave, etc.